My Best Websites for Phonics with ESOL students.
My students all have access to Microsoft Teams and after a lot of practice they can now log on and click on their class Team independently. When they have logged on they can click on the websites I post and access them on their mobiles. This has been really useful in enabling my learners to practice at home. If you want to know more about using Microsoft Teams with a low literacy class, let me know in the comments box below and I will post more information about it when I have time.
Here are my best self-study phonics websites and videos:
- Citizen Literacy – Reading and Writing for Everyone This is an excellent app for reviewing basic literacy and phonic skills.
- Learn to Read with Phonics | Starfall Education
- e Word Machine (starfall.com)
- Phonics - KS1 English - BBC Bitesize
- phonics – Shaw English
- Viking Full Circle - mobile friendly (ictgames.com)
- CVC Words | Phonics Phase 2 - YouTube
- CVC WORDS || LETTER A Aa || READING CVC WORDS ENGLISH || BLENDING SOUNDS - YouTube
- Home (teachabcenglish.com) I cannot recommend this website highly enough, it has been very useful and helpful for my teaching. You can get a 30 day free-trial and I really recommend using it.
- Phonics Worksheets and Teaching Resource Collections (bogglesworldesl.com)
- ESOL Literacies National 2 Learning Support Material - SQA
- ESOL Phonics Pack: Section 1 ‘Sara lives in London’ | Excellence Gateway