The Best Video Resouces for Online and in the Classroom.
There are hundreds of amazing video resources out there. Here are my favourite websites to use both teaching online and in the classroom:
Pre-Entry/ Entry 1:
- English My Way- Learning Circles. Simple role plays with flash cards https://www.englishmyway.co.uk/learning-circles
- Rocking English Grammar- Very simple grammar and vocabulary explanations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCcRzgrr8Y
- MES English Vocabulary videos (American pronunciation) http://tv.mes-english.com/
- Mr Bean YouTube/ Vimeo- worksheets from www.islcollective.com
- Shaw English Phonics- Simple phonics videos https://shawenglish.com/tag/phonics-2/
- Entry 2 and Entry 3:
- British Council ESOL Nexus videos https://esol.britishcouncil.org/content/learners/uk-life/video-uk
- Film English http://film-english.com/ A lot of great free lessons are found on here for Levels as well.
- Lesson Stream https://lessonstream.org/lessons/
- Google Translate Sings- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rte07sl3Vf4 The fun reason for NOT using Google Translate.
Level 1 and Level 2:
- Anglophenia- YouTube. Two British ladies explain ‘England’ to Americans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCmY8PmuJU
- ESL Brains- Free lessons based on TED talks https://eslbrains.com/
- TEDXESL- More free lessons on TED talks https://tedxesl.com/
- Lyrics Training- Activities to learn English through music videos https://lyricstraining.com/
- ESL Video- https://www.eslvideo.com/ Online quizzes and printable worksheets based on videos.
- English Club Videos https://www.englishclub.com/esl-videos/